[MPlayer-dev-eng] QDM2 audio playback :)

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Sat Nov 2 19:25:27 CET 2002

Am Freitag, 1. November 2002 00:48 schrieb Arpi:
> Hi,
>
> > Thanks to Sascha Sommer, we can play QDM2 (and probably others too) audio
> > with mplayer, so the good old quicktime files play with sound :)
> >
> > ok don't type cvs -z9 up yet, it isn't commite dyet, there are some
> > issues... - the interface code (ad_qtaudio.c) needs some cleanup
> > - the whole thing is working only using libwine, our minimal libloader
> > isn't enough, needs some fixing loader, or ./configure/makefile support
> > for libwine build
> > - it requires the win32 DLLs of QT 5 player

Where is qtmlClient.dll it is not installed by the QuickTime-Installer is it ?

Afters hours of searching for different versions of quicktime i begin feeling
stupid ...

Fabian

> ok, stuff commited to CVS. still won't work out-of-box, but don't worry.
> we're on fixing the minimal dll loader to work with the quicktime dll,
> but until it's done, you can try qt audio with libwine:
>
> - cvs -z9 up -dP
> - make distclean
> - ./configure --disable-win32
> - remove #ifdef USE_WIN32DLL and #endif from ad_qtaudio.c
> - move '&mpcodecs_ad_qtaudio,' out of #ifdef USE_WIN32DLL in ad.c
> - make dep; make mplayer_wine.so
> - ln -s `which wine` mplayer_wine
> - ./mplayer_wine AnyFileWithQdmAudio.mov
>
> you don't need (i hope) wine source nor -dev packages, libwine.so and its
> sub-dlls (libntdll.so, libkernel32.dll etc) are enough.
>
> yes it looks silly, ugly hack, but it is. :)
> libwine works this ugly way, i cannot do anything with it.
> you have to create a symlink to wine binary named PROGNAME and compile your
> program to PROGNAME.so, so wine will find and load it _after_ setup
> win-like environment for it...
> we should fix our small, nice loader asap :)

PS: What about LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libwine.so; mplayer ...
I read once, that that was a possible way, but perhaps it was for an older
version of libwine ...