[MPlayer-dev-eng] QDM2 audio playback :)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Nov 1 00:48:25 CET 2002

Hi,

> Thanks to Sascha Sommer, we can play QDM2 (and probably others too) audio
> with mplayer, so the good old quicktime files play with sound :)
>
> ok don't type cvs -z9 up yet, it isn't commite dyet, there are some issues...
> - the interface code (ad_qtaudio.c) needs some cleanup
> - the whole thing is working only using libwine, our minimal libloader isn't
>   enough, needs some fixing loader, or ./configure/makefile support for
>   libwine build
> - it requires the win32 DLLs of QT 5 player

ok, stuff commited to CVS. still won't work out-of-box, but don't worry.
we're on fixing the minimal dll loader to work with the quicktime dll,
but until it's done, you can try qt audio with libwine:

- cvs -z9 up -dP
- make distclean
- ./configure --disable-win32
- remove #ifdef USE_WIN32DLL and #endif from ad_qtaudio.c
- move '&mpcodecs_ad_qtaudio,' out of #ifdef USE_WIN32DLL in ad.c
- make dep; make mplayer_wine.so
- ln -s `which wine` mplayer_wine
- ./mplayer_wine AnyFileWithQdmAudio.mov

you don't need (i hope) wine source nor -dev packages, libwine.so and its
sub-dlls (libntdll.so, libkernel32.dll etc) are enough.

yes it looks silly, ugly hack, but it is. :)
libwine works this ugly way, i cannot do anything with it.
you have to create a symlink to wine binary named PROGNAME and compile your
program to PROGNAME.so, so wine will find and load it _after_ setup
win-like environment for it...
we should fix our small, nice loader asap :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team