[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer and installation

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Dec 18 15:33:45 CET 2001

Hi,

> The last thing that I was trying to do - is to flame. I participate in lots
> of mailing lists and when people ask me for a serious player I point them to
> mplayer. I'm sorry to see some good remarks as "flame".

They would be 'good remarks' at first time. but all of your 'good remarks'
were discussed already many times many months ago and are answered in docs
and maillists and you come here and you ask these again. now it's flame.

so, please, really please, browse the archive and docs before telling us
your next 'good remark', ok?

we have the strict reason for not doing the things as your 'good remarks' say.

you should know, or at least suspect, if we have no objection, we could
already added that fuckin' cp etc/codecs.conf ~/.mplayer/codecs.conf line to
makefile. but we have the reasons not doing it. and have reason for other
things too, like binary distribution and disallow gcc 2.96.
and all these are documented just RTFM. and don't ask, just RTFM. ok?
if you're not statisfied with the answers in TFM, its' your prob. not ask
us again, and not here, we won't tell it more. ok? it's flame.

believe me, reading gcc and bindist and so on questions again and again is
VERY VERY BOOOOOOOOOOOOORING. it's answered, read it, and leave us alone
with these things, ok? at least until you contribute to the code. if you
will be the member of core devel team, you can suggest such things, of
course only with patches attached and no objections by other members.

feature requests and such flame should go to -users list or /dev/null.

we know what should we do, and we know why don't do such way as you suggest.

thread closed.
segmentation fault

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu