[MPlayer-users] TwoLAME for MEncoder?

Stephen Stocker lpar at par1.net
Sun Apr 17 02:46:01 CEST 2005

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it wrote:

>Stephen Stocker wrote:
>
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  The Toolame project has not seen any activity since (I think) January,
>>  2004, and a new developer has launched a fork of the project, called
>>  TwoLAME.
>>
>>  He's been working on automake/libtool/pkgconfig based build, code
>>  cleanup, static and shared libs, etc, for a number of months that I'm
>>  aware of, and the current release seems very good to me.
>>
>>  Could a developer please take a look at this project and consider
>>  adding support for it, similar to Toolame support?
>>
>>  The URL for it is http://twolame.sourceforge.net/ , and TIA.
>>
>>       Steve
>>

>He changed api, renaming toolame_x to twolame_x (or at least so it seems
>based on a quick reading).
>This is total nonsense: apis should not be changed at random.
>If he adds a compatibility set of macros (at least), twolame will be
>supported in mencoder
>out of the box.

  OK, thanks for having a look at it, anyway. I understand that his
  intention was to change the api, but what I know about this stuff you
  could put on the head of a pin. :)

  And Rich, if you read this, I'm more in the "dumb user" category than
  I am a developer. I might almost be able to get it to work, but I hate
  to think what I'd screw up in the process!

  Thanks for your replies, I can pass them along and maybe get something
  figured out.

  	Steve