[MPlayer-dev-eng] DOCS update, ideas about new hp design

Gabucino gabucino at mplayerhq.hu
Tue Nov 12 14:41:58 CET 2002

[PREAMBLE: this mail will resemble very much to the ones on the xine-devel
  list, it will contain tons of assumptions, questions, fear, uncertanity,
  doubt, and no definite solutions. If you are sensitive to this material,
  please read it anyway :)))]

Ok guys, after starting with design5, I've started accomplishing entries from
my DOCS TODO list too. Translators R gonna hate me :) However, most
translations are already outdated.

I've marked some places with the "TODO" string, in some of these cases I need
external help (A'rpi, Holm, etc), so please grep TODO DOCS/*

Meanwhile, as I mentioned I'm also extending the new homepage. I'm thinking
about adding some/many subsections under the current (main) ones. However it
would require moderate changes to the current structure.

(Gabucino loads Opera.. Hey these mouse gestures rock!:))

Is everyone there? Thanks. :) So I'm thinking about removing/shortening this
wide green bar from the left, and giving the freed space to the text.

Pro:
 - getting more space for the general text (maybe too much..?)
   This would be extremely useful on the download page, whose tables are
   very wide, but one can't do anything meaningful to them.

 - getting space to extend the menu, and add submenus. This "menu block"'s
   top would be the current menu line, and the bottom would be the horizontal
   line (invisible:) which marks the end of the monitor "wireframe shadow".

Contra:
 - general text must start several lines below the current status.
   Why? See the "shadow wireframe" of the monitor? The text must start
   below it. Or should I shrink the monitor+"(MPlayer)"+overall images???

Well, this would be the main idea :) Anyone has even the slightest idea
what the fuck I am talking about? :)

--
Gabucino