[MPlayer-dev-eng] Player Plain Audio Files

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Thu Dec 27 23:33:44 CET 2001

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Johannes Feigl wrote:

> In my opinion, I think this would be very good...

	I agree...that's why I proposed it.:) My question is, what are the
technical issues involved? I know that if I try to play an audio-only ASF
file, for example, MPlayer refuses it and I'm wondering if there's any
valid technical reason for that, such as the underlying architecture not
supporting it (even though I can force MPlayer to forgo decoding and
displaying frames with '-vo null -vfm 0').

> also the seeking in videos is very great, a mplayer for MP3-Files using
> forward and backward keys would be great :-)

	XMMS has this incredibly advanced feature implemented already...:)
Or are we talking about a command line player? I agree that seeking has
been lacking in both mpg123 and ogg123.
--
	-Mike Melanson