[MPlayer-dev-eng] Questions About Audio Decoding

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Fri Dec 21 21:39:33 CET 2001

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:

> 4bit variant isn't handled. i think writing a new rle decoder would be cool
> (to reduce the xanim codebase), but first ask arpi about this :)

	Can I, A'rpi? Huh? Can I? Please?...:) I know I've written a
functional MS-RLE8 decoder (not as easy as it sounds with all its little
quirks), but I don't remember if I finished my MS-RLE4 decoder. Both of
them would be very simple to drop in. Then we can do "cvs remove
xa/rle8.c"...:)

> Hmm, have you completed the yuv outputs for the decoder you've written?
> RLE decoder should be written with YUV output support, whit this feature
> it would eat the xanim code :)

	Video-1 and FLI don't output YUV data, nor do I plan to implement
this. The source data was RGB, and it makes sense that the output data is
also RGB.

> Also, what's your time order in the TODO list you've written?

	It'll probably go something like this:
1) Pick a task that interests me at that moment
2) Work on it until either
  a) I complete it satisfactorily
  b) I get bored with it
3) Goto step 1

  :) I'm a mess, I really am...seriously, if I had to pick an order, it
would probably be the order I listed in the original message.

	I'll upload the requested MOV media soon...
	-Mike Melanson