[MPlayer-dev-eng] libavcodec broken?

David Holm dholm at telia.com
Thu Dec 20 18:12:17 CET 2001

Hi,
with reservation for sounding to user-a-like, is latest libavcodec from
ffmpeg cvs known to work with mplayer?
I started playing with dvd playback yesterday (coincidentally because I
started writing dvdnav support then ;) and I noticed that when I
playback mpegs in X I get black output, if I fast forward etc I get
picture with about 20% of macroblocks from the first frame and 80% from
the current frame, still image, nothing moving. It works great playing
with -vc mpegpes through my dxr3 however, this is why I thought the
dvdnav patch would only work with a dxr3.
I also tried libavcodec from ffmpeg 0.4.6 but it wouldn't link against
current mplayer...

//David Holm