[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [Dvd-devel] Preliminary dvd navigation support through libdvdnav

David Holm dholm at telia.com
Wed Dec 19 22:01:25 CET 2001

And yes, it does the following major modifications to mplayer:

>-#ifdef USE_DVDREAD
>+#ifdef USE_DVDNAV
>+	{"dvd", &dvd_title, CONF_TYPE_FLAG, 0, 0, 1},
>+#elif USE_DVDREAD
> 	{"dvd", &dvd_title, CONF_TYPE_INT, CONF_RANGE, 1, 99},
> 	{"dvdangle", &dvd_angle, CONF_TYPE_INT, CONF_RANGE, 1, 99},
> 	{"chapter", &dvd_chapter, CONF_TYPE_INT, CONF_RANGE, 1, 99},

Changes behaviour of "-dvd", -dvd with dvdnav is a flag which tells
mplayer to play a dvd and let dvdnav decode it.

>+#ifdef USE_DVDNAV
>+    // DVD navigation support
>+    // Up key
>+    case 'e':
>+      dvdnav_upper_button_select(stream->priv);break;
>+    case 'c':
>+      dvdnav_lower_button_select(stream->priv);break;
>+    case 'f':
>+      dvdnav_right_button_select(stream->priv);break;
>+    case 's':
>+      dvdnav_left_button_select(stream->priv);break;
>+    case 'r':
>+      dvdnav_button_activate(stream->priv);break;
>+#endif
>     // seek 10 sec
>     case KEY_RIGHT:
>       osd_function=OSD_FFW;

And I stole e,c,f,s,r as navigational keys, I'd prefer arrowkeys+enter,
but I won't push it this time =).

I think we can all se the positive effects of letting one team handle
dvd parsing since dvd players are starting to pile up. There is no use
in having a ton of different implementations when you can have one that
works, besides, mplayer dvd support sucks bigtime as it is (if I haven't
convinced you yet).

//David Holm