[MPlayer-dev-eng] [offtopic]: xmpeg & Linux porting?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Dec 19 00:43:25 CET 2001

Hi,

> >> mencoder ?
> >
> > 4. Is subtitles support there on the cvs version now? or the subtitles
> > support there is only good for playback?
>
> Subtitles support for mencoder is not in CVS.  I have hacked a version
> that does support it but it breaks if you use both resizing and
> subtitles.  That's bad.  Does anybody have a routine that would scale
> a grayscale plane and a alpha plane to integrate it?

resizing will be changed, as erquired for crop/extend.
after this change, your subtitle hack stuff should work.

btw, i asked others when started mencoder, about subtitle rendering.
everyone said - why? it's better to rip them to text and render them at
playback time, with nicer fonts and without degrading compressed video
quality by wasting bits for subtitle and its outline.
so, i've left out all subtitle related stuff from mencoder...
(and started thinking about OCR-like stuff for mencoder)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu