[MPlayer-dev-eng] ASF Streaming : patch not fully commited in cvs

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at kde.org
Mon Dec 17 15:38:49 CET 2001

> > 	I there will be a little more here. Because when the content type is not
> > revelant we must find if we have an asf or an asx. So we must first try
> > with one of the to parser and if it fail keep the data and pass it to the
> > other.
>
> I don't quite understand. The asx is handled in another function that will
> parse the asx and return the URL to reconnect to. This is already handle by
> looking at the mime-type.
> The  asx parser should go in the asf_http_ASX_redirect() function. And
> nothing else should be changed.

Watch out with that - today many sites return an asx file which got several
streams (one commercial, one the video clip, and at the end for fun - another
commercial) - so you'll need to find all of those...

> > > Can you tell me on what you want work on the asf streaming,
> > > that will avoid us to both work on the same thing.
> >
> > 	I've start with the asx parser, but currently about nothing is done.
>
> Cool, ok, no problem. The ASX is in fact an XML, but I think an XML parser
> will be too big for our need. For what I have seen we need to retreive the
> href attribute that contains the url.

Umm, you can fall back to the XML stuff that both KDE & GNOME uses (just an
idea) - http://www.xmlsoft.org

> I have a stream with a long long content description, that makes split the
> ASF header in 2 network chunk.
> I just fix the last bug, and now it's working well :).

you might want to look at windowsmedia.com links to other web sites which
uses very complicated URLs which includes parameters for windows size,
bandwidth (56k, 100k, 300k etc)...

--
Hetz Ben Hamo
hetz at kde.org