[MPlayer-dev-eng] HTTP ASF streaming and SDL patch

Derek J Witt djw at flinthills.com
Thu Dec 13 00:21:16 CET 2001

Hi!

Alban Bedel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This week end I hacked the libmpdemux to really support asf http stream now it's work
>  and even with some mms url. This patch isn't really tested (Now some asf http stream ??
> I have only one url) and is for the cvs version of saturday. It correct a few memory leak in
> the functions around asf_http_streaming_read (in libmpdemux/asf_streaming.c) and
> provide a new rewrited asf_http_streaming_read.
>
> I hope it's useful since I have suscribed to this mailling just yesterday and I saw that
> somebody else work on this also. Pray for no clash.

No clashes with my work here. I'm mainly focusing on the MMST protocol.
My code takes advantage of the fact that MMST usually uses port 1755 by
default. Port 80 is used by some Yahoo radio stations and others.  So
far, I am now able to connect to my test mms stream. I can now get the
ASF header successfully. I had to rewrite the unicode section of the
asf_mmst_streaming_start. I wasn't properly inserting NULL between each
character of the strings  (host IP and protocol type [tcp or udp]). Now,
I can get to work extracting the actual data chunks.

--
**  Derek J Witt                                              **
*   Email: mailto:djw at flinthills.com                           *