[MPlayer-dev-eng] Win32 updates

Derek J Witt djw at flinthills.com
Wed Dec 12 13:21:37 CET 2001

Alban Bedel wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:04:39 +0200 (CEST)
> Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:
>
> > i've made big win32 updates yesterday night. maybe something is broken now.
>
> Yes, sadly it is. It's with the ACM audio codec (divxa32.acm). With the log attached.
> It's from a stream, but when I record one (using asfrecord found on freshmeat) it's lead
> to same error.

>                   Name: mplayer.log
>    mplayer.log    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>               Encoding: base64
I found a strange problem with that codec. mplayer is looking for codecs
in /usr/lib/win32, instead of in /usr/share/mplayer. But that's minor. I
do have codecs in both locations. I do have the file permissions on
those codecs in ...win32.

But, I have to be root in order for mplayer to find those codecs. Did
the suid code get goofed up? As normal user, divxa32.acm isn't found.
Least for me.

--
**  Derek J Witt                                              **
*   Email: mailto:djw at flinthills.com                           *