[MPlayer-dev-eng] MMS support in mplayer begun

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 02:17:02 CET 2001

On Monday 10 December 2001 04:30 pm, you wrote:
> Bertrand Baudet wrote:
> > No, no. The network related include files need to stay in the network
> > files, just reinclude what you need in you c file.
> > See Arpi's previous post on the changes I made on the network include
> > files....
> >
> > Please, create new files for mmst and instead of putting all the enum you
> > created inside asf.h
> > Please read you patch before sending them, this one touch asfheader.c by
> > only adding 2 empty lines. And it also removed some lines in tvi_dummy.c.
> > You don't need to touch those files, so please make cleaner patches.
> > Maybe the simplier solution for you is to create separate files for your
> > needs and only touch the current file if really needed.
>
> Ok, will do. I am having the most trouble with generating the patches.
> I will try the diff command again. (would be nice if the cvs rdiff
> command was working; oh well) I will update the tree again and will put
> in the mmst.h file this time. I have created a local directory on my own
> system with the changed files.

I just commited few changes into asf_streaming.c for you.
In the asf_streaming_start(), just uncomment the line:
fd = asf_mmst_streaming_start( stream );
so you stuff can be called. I didn't toke you implementation,
because it wasn't trying the other protocols if the first one failed.

You shouldn't need to change the current files for now, I tried in a way
that by just adding your file and changing the makefile, it should work.
This will avoid to have some conflict on the changes I doing and the
changes you are doing.
So just send me the files (no diff for you ;) ) so I can try them.
And if you need to have other changes send me a patch and a quick
explaination of it, and I will see what I can do for you.

Let me know if this help you or not.

Bertrand